Sunday, September 6, 2015

Getting Started

I am very much looking forward to our first week together.  Here are the web resources that will help us get this school year started.

1.  Students will use Schoology.com to curate, store, and access daily content (to include, homework, calendars, videos, and photographs).  The access code for English-Language Arts for students in Mrs. Buhner's homeroom is:  NS87D-DRPQG The access code for students in Mr. Kimpan's homeroom is:  ZTJN4-4FGXF 
NOTE:  this is the login for students!  Parents, you will get a login once your child has completed the registrations process.

2.  Mr. Kimpan and I will use remind.com for announcements.  Enter the number 81010 in the To: section of a text message.  Enter @buhnerkimp in the Message: section.  Hit send and you are ready to receive remind announcements via text.  Don't want to receive texts, but would rather e-mails from remind.com, email me and I will send directions.

3.  I publish a weekly blog that will be used by myself and the students often.  The blog address is:  http://deygabianosblog.blogspot.com/  You are invited to follow by e-mail by going to the blog and entering your e-mail address in the box indicated on the right-hand side of the blog.

VBCPS published a BYOD (bring your own device) policy a few years ago and I have, and will continue to, integrated technology into our daily lives at school with great success.  I appreciate your willingness to allow your child to not only bring a device to school, if available, but also access Schoology and our blog from home!  

We will conduct several sessions at school about internet safety and digital citizenship.  I will send out a date soon for our first parent information meeting where we will get a chance to work with and further discuss tools for "edtech".

Still have questions or concerns about "edtech" and your family, please do contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!