Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Welcome New Gabbiano's

Did you know 'gabbiano' is the Italian for seagull?  The 'gab' portion of gabbiano reminds me of how much noise seagulls make when they find food on the beach; seagulls seem to gab a lot!  Speaking of gabbing, welcome to fifth grade!  You are now officially part of the the Gabbiano's of Caselore 4 (Seagulls of Cottage 4).

I am so looking forward to meeting all of you.  I bet you have many questions and concerns about this upcoming year.  Our open house has been scheduled for Thursday, September 3, at 3PM.  Open House is usually the place to find out about schedules, homework policies, etc.  However, I find we
always run out of time to be sure all of your questions and concerns are addressed.  In addition, some of you may not be able to attend the Open House.  So in what ways might we best address your needs and wants for fifth grade?

I think you and your parents/guardians should assist me with crafting our learning environment this year.  By answering the questions in the survey below you will be assisting in setting up the year for success.  After all, it is your classroom.
My job is activate learning and facilitate skill development. I will use the data collected to structure Open House activities as well.  I will also use the data to create a virtual Open House and make the content available through a link on this blog as well as on the John B Dey school website.

I look forward to reading your responses.  Should you find issues with the survey or wish to write to
me personally, please e-mail me at suzanne.buhner@vbschools.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!